Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Holy Cross Parade

Last week we had a parade at school! These are my classmates and my teachers.



We made fish windsocks in honor of the upcoming Fish Fry Parade.


Can you tell how much I am enjoying this parade? VERY VERY much!


We sang the songs, Down By The Bay and Have You Ever Been Fishing, while we were marching. In this picture, we stopped marching to do the motions to Have You Ever Been Fishing. Here are the words (it's sung to the tune of Turkey in the Straw) . . .
Have you ever been fishing


on a bright and sunny day,


when you see those little fishies


swimming up and down the bay?


With their hands in their pockets


and their pockets in their pants.


All the little fishies do the hoochie coochie dance!


(And of course, Mommy got a picture of us doing the hoochie coochie dance)


We also recited a poem while we were marching. It is called, Once I Caught a Fish Alive. Here are the words.


1,2,3,4,5


Once I caught a fish alive.


6,7,8,9,10


Then I let it go again.


Why did you let it go?


Because it bit my finger so.


Which finger did it bite?


This little finger on the right.


YEA for parades!

No comments: