Saturday, May 08, 2010

Who's That Lady?

Mommy took me grocery shopping this afternoon after we played at the park. We were in the dairy section when a lady walked up to us. She was old - really old and wrinkly. She had very large glasses. Her hair was in rollers (for church tomorrow I am sure) and her hair and her rollers were covered with a scarf. She had a very deep scratchy voice (Mommy said she surely is a smoker and has been for years). She told me how beautiful I was and how much I reminded her of her granddaughter. Mommy asked her how old her granddaughter was. She smiled and said "Oh she is grown now," and went on talking about how they grow up and move away and break your heart - whatever that means. I told her goodbye and that it was nice to meet her. As we were walking away, I looked at Mommy very seriously and said, "What was he, a pirate?" Mommy absolutely lost it . . . she laughed hysterically at me. I was serious . . . he/she looked and sounded just like a pirate to me. Later, in the bread aisle, we walked by the lady again. She said, "Tell your Mama she needs to get you into the movies. You are beautiful." I politely said, "Thank you" without even being prompted. Then as we walked away, I looked at Mommy and said "There's that pirate again!" Mommy cracked up again (after she double checked to make sure we were out of earshot of the sweet lady).

No comments: