Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Pumpkin Contest

My teacher sent home a flyer about a no-carve pumpkin decorating contest that would be held at the Oktoberfest at my school. Mimi and Mommy and Daddy helped me decorate my pumpkin like Cinderella's coach.
Mommy and I picked the perfect pumpkin at Hart's Produce. Mommy borrowed some corn planters from a friend to use as wheels and Daddy built a carriage to hold the pumpkin.

We spray painted small pumpkins to be the mice.
We used a soap dish for the driver's seat, and coat hooks for the reign holders.
Mimi helped me screw in the screws.
Mommy and I screwed in cabinet drawer hinges for the doors.
I love this project!
Here are the mice!

And here is my pumpkin in the contest.
I won Honorable Mention - and a big box of junk toys! I couldn't have been happier!

No comments: